West Roanoke / Shaffers Crossing Aerial Image, 1920s or 1930s

Wed Jun 17 15:19:45 EDT 2020

Abram. That’s a great image. Thanks for sharing. Looks to me that the south portion of the roundhouse hasn’t been extended yet. But that means it was taken prior to 1940 which doesn’t narrow things down much. Several locos in storage. Eastern edge goes to about 16th street so it’s hard to tell if West End is still standing at 14th street. Is there a gravity hump? What is the two story building above the south side of the yard just west of the pedestrian bridge at the far right edge of photo?     John Garner