N&W's Gas Turbine Electric Locomotive

Wed Jun 17 12:10:49 EDT 2020

Bud,

I recall that a fellow named Yellott was the lead engineer working with
the Bituminous Coal Research outfit to test the concept of a
direct-coal-fired gas turbine for locomotive applications, and I also
recall my uncle, C. P. Blair (who was probably N&W VP Coal Traffic at
that time) telling me that he thought Yellott was a better public
relations promoter than engineer.

Gordon Hamilton