N&W 2156 LEAVING ROANOKE

Thu Jun 11 16:29:23 EDT 2020

 I think it is sad that the graffiti could not have been kept off the box car for this move.
John Stroupe

A couple more photos people posted of the move.

https://www.railpictures.net/photo/738982/
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/738980/

Phil Miller

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 5:23 AM
To: 'NW Mailing List'
Subject: N&W 2156 LEAVING ROANOKE

Good morning,

I saw this that someone saved this photo on the Roanoke Web Cam. Looks like the N&W Y6a, 2156 has left for its home away from home. Sad to see.

I’m glad though it spent some time back in Roanoke and that my son and I got to see it up close. Last time I’d seen it was in the 1980’s when it was displayed at St. Louis Union Station shopping/hotel complex. It looks like for the trip back to St. Louis, maybe that’s business car NS 7 “Pennsylvania” behind the diesel? That’s fitting since that used to be the NW 100 “Pocahontas” business car.

Phil Miller