N&W Passenger train consists

Tue Jun 2 17:36:45 EDT 2020

Even before 1966, the through Pocahontas sleeper and coach to Chicago were gone. When extra sleeping cars were needed on any route, Pullman would supply what was available and not necessarily one from the home road. The last N&W sleeping car inter-line route was Norfolk-New York, and I think that ended about 1964.  This doesn't include the Southern run throughs between Lynchburg and Bristol.
--Rick Morrison
  Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 12:19 PM
  Subject: N&W Passenger train consists

  Looking through N&W time tables from 1966, I am trying to understand more clearly the consists of the "The Powhatan Arrow" and "The Pocahontas", and especially the sleeping cars that might be included.  A video which I have seen, shows some PRR and NYC sleepers in N&W trains.  #25 had a connection in Cincinnati that went on to Chicago, perhaps with a PRR sleeper?  Assistance would be appreciated!

  Vic Chudoba

  Woodstock, IL