another one-legged J story

Thu May 7 09:43:28 EDT 2020

Bob

Old men have stories.  Most are true, perhaps a bit faded by time.

Do you have a copy of that article?

Ed and I go back a long way.  He was working on the shop track at
Shaffers when I was in high school.  Our mutual friend Tom Sink had a
saying about Ed.  When he knows he knows and when he doesn't know he
knows.  I think that is like saying he was full of Bull shit.  Old Ed
still calls me kid.

Story..  Tom got us tickets on the inaugural run of the Cass railroad.
He got the tickets from John Koloran.  They ran two trains up the
mountain that day.  The first one held dignitaries like the Governor of
West VA and others.  We were on the second train.  The tracks had been
pulled up and we had to stop short of the top of the mountain.  We got
off and walked the rest of the way to the top.  I got a shot of Ed
huffing and puffing to the top that day.

a little post script to the story.  Ed and Jim continued life as
railroad workers.  Tom was an industrial engineer in the textile
industry.  Not sure but think John K was a news paper reporter. And the
former governor W.  W. Barron was a taxi cab driver in Chicago. I think
only Ed and I survive.

Jim

If any other old man wants to make corrections be my guest.