Visit to 611 and Spencer

Wed Feb 26 11:36:36 EST 2020

Will is correct, the J’s did not get boards while in revenue service.  They did get A-tank connections and doghouses in Jan-Mar 1958 in anticipation for using them in freight service.

Authorization to add coal boards was given for the Class A’s in about June 1955 and for the Y-5/Y-6’s in about September of that year.

Bud Jeffries