Visit to 611 and Spencer

Mon Feb 24 22:51:41 EST 2020

Tom

Not at all. In regular passenger service, the Class J never used a canteen or A tank. That said, before the end of steam powered passenger service, all the Js were equipped to handle the canteen or A tank, but as far as anyone knows, they only used them in freight service.

Water columns were spotted at the platforms so that the steam locomotives could take water during a station stop.

Best
Ken Miller