Virginia Trip for Vacation

Tue Feb 18 11:44:04 EST 2020

Hi folks,

Sarah and I are considering a driving trip through Virginia this
Summer/Fall for vacation. What are the can't miss railroad spots along the
way? Right now (very early) I'm thinking of leaving Asheville driving up to
Roanoke, then along the Skyline Drive. Over to Charlottesvilles, then
through Richmond and on over to Norfolk/Virginia Beach and then down to the
North Carolina Outer Banks before returning home.

We've been to the museum in Roanoke and I've got taking a look at the
Triple Crossing in Richmond on the list as well as taking a look at
Lambert's Point. (Is there a good spot to see Lambert's Point from?) And we
may take Amtrak from Charlottesville to DC and back.

What else?

Thanks!
Tom Fulton
Asheville, NC