Virginian PA locomotive speed

Sat Feb 8 14:05:40 EST 2020

I appreciate your insightful comments.  While I can easily appreciate the
J’s attributes, I am quick to remember that whenever it is compared with
other steam locomotives, it clearly shows the benefits from a full ten
years of further development and tweaking.  Under these circumstances how
could it not shine the brightest?!

Patrick Whalen
Radnor, PA