Fw: Pacific 578 recordings & The N&WHS Preservation Mission

Thu Feb 6 21:52:00 EST 2020

Hopefully this recording project will become available through the N&WHS Commissary sooner than later. I read an interesting comment that was said why the couple that made these recordings didn’t make them commercially available years ago. The couple did not want to compete with the O. Winston Link N&W recordings from that time period! I would like those of you that are holding onto photos, recordings or even newspaper articles on historic railroads to make them available for sale and/or distribution while those few folks that grew up during the Age of Steam are still alive to enjoy them. I think you will find that this new information will generate interest by younger people. You will still be around to answer questions for them and hopefully make them want to pass on their interest in trains and why they are so important in the building of America! Don’t let your historical railroad items end up in a landfill!
You will be so happy that you did save them! Spread the word about the N&WHS and it’s important mission of railroad preservation for future generations!
All aboard!
Norris

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners
Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org
744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908