Photo Detective Time

Fri Jan 31 15:45:50 EST 2020

I believe that it actually says “Alpha Portland cement” which was a company in Martins Creek, PA that was in business from 1895 to 1985. The company was headquartered in Easton, PA and considered one of the pioneers of the cement industry.

It is possible that this is indeed Roanoke, but as I emailed Stephen earlier, I suspected it was a construction company, as with the partial company name painted on the wall showing the word “Cement” it is not a railroad building.

This image shows the same basic logo on the sign, that was on the internet.

Ken Miller