Steam loco lettering

Sun Dec 29 18:52:30 EST 2019

Walter

On any kind of steam power on the N&W circa post 1948, I’d hazard a guess that everything still running would be lettered with the 10 inch or 8 inch tank lettering that was standard.

Most anything, I’d suspect that had not gotten the lettering in a standard shopping would certainly have gotten it within 5-6 years of the start date in 1941, and if not, was likely being retired or scrapped before 1950.

Unfortunately, there are no known shop records surviving on such things as this.

Best
Ken Miller