Giving Tuesday

Tue Dec 3 13:09:00 EST 2019

This was sent out to our Constant Contact email list, but on the chance that some members are not on that list, we have submitted it here, if you can help us keep preserving history with a donation, large of small, we’d really appreciate it.

The Norfolk and Western Historical Society
Could Use Your Help This Giving Season.
Giving Tuesday is now the traditional kickoff to the season,
but we can assure you that your donation
is appreciated ANYTIME!

If you are like most folks, your inbox is flooded with emails begging for your help this time of year. Well, I hate to tell you, this is no exception. While we are not begging for money to change the world or political purposes, we are asking our friends to help keep our train moving forward.

Like coal trains over Blue Ridge or Elkhorn grades, we need helpers to get us over the summit. You can be that helper with your donation.

N&WHS is a small 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. We are preserving Norfolk and Western and Virginian history and documentation of these great railroads. That preservation is not inexpensive, we have a large archive facility in Roanoke, Va that needs on-going maintenance, equipment, and quite simply, keeping the lights on!

Our income is from sales, donations and memberships. There is no large nest egg sitting in a bank or corporate funding that comes in regularly. Our funds come from people like you and me.

So as 2019 ends, please consider a donation to continue our mission of preserving the great history of the railroad. If you want to make an ongoing monthly contribution, please email us at commissary at nwhs.org and we will work out a plan with you.

Thank you for your consideration!

To donate please visit:
http://www.nwhs.org/Donate.php