N&W Alco C420 415 at Roanoke during August of 1972

Thu Oct 24 09:30:04 EDT 2019

One of 44 GP30's purchased by the N&W, numbers 522 to 565.  They all had
high short hoods with dual cab control stands, and dynamic brakes.  The
long hood was designated front.  In addition to these 44 GP30's the N&W
received 10 GP30's from the Nickel Plate during the 1964 merger.  These had
low/standard short hoods, didn't have dynamic brakes, single control
stands, and the short hood was designated front.

Ed Painter, member #70 - living in Cohutta, GA from Narrows, VA  (sorry
about not putting this information with the C420 post yesterday!)