1. Coal and water at Lurich

Wed Oct 9 07:51:36 EDT 2019

Hi Vince

These are always the kind of questions that help me remember the value of our Archives.  A simple search for Lurich turned up a variety of drawings that help answer some of the questions here

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=156486

That is from 1899 showing a storage shed at the west end of the sidings.

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=133962

This one from November 1924 is less than perfect, but shows what I think is three tracks (two main) a siding and a small spur at Lurich.

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=99383

This one is probably the best single reference of the lot, a track chart that was updated to 1950, with two main tracks, a station or house track and several smaller spurs in the vicinity of the shelter shed.

Thank all the dedicated volunteers who have been scanning and cataloging these drawings. Any are available for purchase.

Best
Ken Miller