N&W 611 deadhead movement - Roanoke to Strasburg

Sun Aug 18 21:06:11 EDT 2019

This is the official party line from VMT

TO All

We have started to receive calls from the press regarding the 611 move to Strasburg and the Strasburg event. Peg McGuire has fielded some of these calls and as such is copied on this email. I have spoken with the management at Strasburg and their preference is the following:

Any and all calls or inquires be re-directed to

HOPE GRABY  |  COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
SCHEFFEY  |  717.869.4269
350 NEW HOLLAND AVENUE  |  LANCASTER, PA  17602
HGRABY at SCHEFFEY.COM

Steve Barrall
Stationmaster
Strasburg Rail Road Co.
301 Gap Road
Ronks, PA  17572
717-687-8421 ext. 114
steveb at strasburgrailroad.com

Inquiries to the Museum as to the 611 departure should be responded to as follows:

The 611 move to Strasburg is being coordinated by Amtrak and no specific schedule has been announced. The Strasburg excursions begin September 27th.

Ken Miller