Question re: Athearn PRR 7203 color

Mon Aug 12 12:15:25 EDT 2019

Several months ago, there was a discussion here re: the 30 PRR GP-9s
numbered 7200-7229 (maybe 7201-7230) leased to N&W circa 1957-58.  Athearn
produced 2 in the 7200-series and I found on ebay Saturday.  I asked seller
about color which appears to be Brunswick despite the 7203 being correct for
the leased batch.

I thought the leased engines were all black.  Is 7203 a foobie?  Below is a
photo from the seller.  The body appears to be green and the seller
confirmed today that he thinks Brunswick is correct.

Here's the Athearn web site description (no color mention):

Pennsylvania

*	#7184, #7203

*	GP9 Phase III A-unit high short hood with cab body style
*	"F" on the sill is at the LONG hood end
*	Cab armrest no sunshade track
*	Leslie S-3 air horn all bells forward

Jim King

 <http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com/> www.smokymountainmodelworks.com