759 to Roanoke in 1971.

Tue Jul 30 23:43:04 EDT 2019

Thanks to those who responded to my request for location info.
I’ll be sending some frame pics to Jimmy Lisle and Rick Morrison for their ID.

The 759 ran from Hagerstown to Roanoke with a freight on April 24, 1971.
The engine ran out of sand near Luray and dropped several freight cars there before finishing the trip to Roanoke.

The last Pocahontas run was May 1, 1971, a week later and the 759 spent the week at Roanoke.
It tuns out that using the 759 was requested by Robert Claytor.

Apparently, the 759 returned to Hagerstown a day or two after the Pocahontas run but that isn’t included in the film I have.

-Jim Herron
Herron Rail Video
www.herronrail.com