MW colors

Mon Jul 29 17:46:08 EDT 2019

A reminder to be sure and sign your posts please!

1950s MofW cars were generally gray with a brown or red roof with black lettering:

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=139599 <https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=139599>

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=157036 <https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=157036>

They switched over to green with white lettering and silver roofs sometime in the mid to late 1950s, don’t have a specific date at the moment.

There are a few other oddities, such as a car painted all aluminum paint with black lettering.

The green with white lettering switched to different schemes with the half-moon herald in the mid 1960s, and then over to the NW scheme about 1970. The orange was a Southern change after the merger, and the blue? Never recall seeing anything that was actually blue in MofW.

Ken Miller