Train 7 consist

Mon Jun 10 16:15:55 EDT 2019

Nope.  Unless #8 was running westbound at Blue Ridge, it was #7.

EdK

Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 3:34 PM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Subject: Re: Train 7 consist

  Seems like I saw an RF&P coach on #7 a few times . . .
        Not No. 7, but No. 8 -- I have a distant photo made at James
  on Labor Day, 1956 showing a K-2, baggage car, and an RF&P
  coach.  Kinda strange, but No. 8 terminated in Norfolk and No. 7
  originated at Petersburg.  There were three Class K locomotives
  assigned to Petersburg -- 121-122-123.  These engines were
  equipped with GRS train stop control so that they could
  operate over ACL to Richmond.  Saw 121 on No. 7 at Thaxton.
  Don't know if Roanoke  was in the cycle for the Petersburg
  assigned K class or if the engine was coming to Roanoke for
  ICC inspection or overhaul.                     Harry Bundy