75th Anniversary of D-Day

Wed Jun 5 13:03:57 EDT 2019

While this is not directly N&W related, the small town of Bedford is on the mainline, and many of the folks leaving Central and Western Virginia to start their military service departed on the N&W. Many who paid the ultimate sacrifice returned via the N&W as well.

I can’t imagine the thoughts that the brave men and women will have 75 years after the D-Day invasion while attending the June 6, 2019 anniversary activities in little old Bedford, Virginia. Probably seems just like the invasion happen just months ago.
Our prayers are with them and their families.
Thanks to Brian Crosier for sharing this link and the other info.
Norris

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and
Lynchburg Railroad Day 2019 Model Train Show Worker - Train Show Date: Saturday, August 10, 2019
LRD 2019 Vendor Tables Rental Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org <http://www.blueridgenrhs.org/>
744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908
Cell: 434-851-0151