Whence the coal

Mon Apr 8 07:21:56 EDT 2019

Jim ,

They are trucking it from load outs up on the Dry Fork.

Mason Cooper

Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2019 7:36 PM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Whence the coal

Made it to the Bluefield area this weekend go to do a little exploring.  Attached are photos of the loading facility near Ennis.  I have seen the entrance many times as I have passed by on 52 heading West, but had never investigated.  All the coal appears to be trucked in and then loaded into hoppers.  There are a couple units for shifting cars/cuts.  Does anyone have any information on where the coal that is loaded here originates?  I would have thought all the coal in this area would have been long gone by this point.  Any information would be appreciated.

Jim Cochran