Decoding the Truck Classes

Sun Mar 10 22:18:56 EDT 2019

Jim B / John T

I dragged out my copy of Dow's Norfolk and Western Coal Cars from 1881 to 1998. Appendix B p218-219 has about 1 1/2 pages of truck descriptions ordered by N&W class designation.  It includes  truck type, bearing dimension, and car classes using the truck. Unfortunately the T175 is not listed as it was apparently not assigned to any hopper cars.

I bring this up as it may provide a good start to compiling a full list of freight trucks for modeling use and prototype reference.

Sorry I did not have an answer to your specific question

Jim Stapleton
Northernmost VA