Richlands coaling tower?

Fri Mar 1 10:37:03 EST 2019

Further to the puzzle:   While I tend to think this was Vicker prior to the construction of the concrete coaling tower in 1951, the equipment on the train gives me pause.  The train would seem to be No. 45, the westbound Tennessean given the Southern headend cars.  No 45 was the only “Southern” train to pass by Vicker in daylight hours, except No 41 early on  summer days.  However, prior to 1951, the Tennessean was generally still in its original streamlined equipment. Headend, non- streamlined, cas were starting to creep in so perhaps this is indeed No. 45 at Vicker.

     Ray Smoot