1218 Feedwater

Sun Feb 24 15:46:34 EST 2019

Outside manufacturer......Worthington.  that top part is the mixing chamber in which some of the exhaust steam is mixed with water from the tender before going to the hot water pump (above the front left cylinder) and then into the boiler via the check valve on top.   Using the exhaust steam to preheat this water was more efficient and got the water to a higher temp than the injector,  as long as the engine was working.  When drifting or sitting, the injector was used. Will Sadler Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Date: 2/24/19  11:31 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: NW Mailing List <NW-Mailing-List at nwhs.org> Subject: 1218 Feedwater In this topside view of 1218 can be seen what I assume is the feedwater heater forward of the stack. Was this an in-house design or a product of an outside manufacturer?Mike Pierry, Jr.