Fw: Bob Carpenter Passes November 28, 2018

Wed Nov 28 19:07:24 EST 2018

A sad day for railroad preservationists,
Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS Webmaster, the Rev. John Siegle, emailed me this email regarding the passing of one of the Blue Ridge Chapter's and the National Railway Historical Society's most generous members. Please scroll down to the bottom of this email for details. For those of you that never had the privilege of knowing Bob you probably know of one of Bob's favorite railroad preservation projects. To my knowledge Bob donated the restored Virginian Railway caboose to his home town of Altavista, Va. It is on display for all to see and enjoy next to the restored former Southern Railway station in Altavista. Bob would tell stories of how he always welcomed opening up the caboose for folks to enjoy. He and his daughter June were always attending BRC, NRHS events including our annual Altavista Chapter  Christmas Banquet, our BRC picnic in English Park in Altavista and our Lynchburg Rail Day Model Train and Railroadiana Show.
Look for a complete tribute to Bob in our upcoming BRC, NRHS "Blue Ridge Dispatcher" December 2018 newsletter. When available it can be viewed on our website, www.blueridgenrhs.org<http://www.blueridgenrhs.org>.
Blue Ridge NRHS<http://www.blueridgenrhs.org/>
Blue Ridge chapter of the National Railway Historical Society
www.blueridgenrhs.org

Please pray for Bob's daughter, the Rev. June Carpenter. Losing a loved one this time of year is most difficult. June can rest assured that her and her dad's railroad community will grieve with her. I will followup with any funeral arrangements that I become aware of.
May the Lord be with you and your family,
Norris

Norris Deyerle

Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and

Lynchburg Rail Day Model Train Show Coordinator

744 Chinook Place

Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908