N&W boxcars without doors

Wed Nov 28 17:14:38 EST 2018

Grain door boards were temporary in nature and used as you said to reduce grain spilling out th through the standard sliding boxcar doorways,  but the doors of said cars were still in place on the cars. I don't know for certain if the sliding doors on boxcar loads of grain were left open in transit or not, but I suspect that they might have been closed.

Brent
Dr. J. Brent Greer