Not your usual puzzle switch, but....

Tue Nov 6 14:33:42 EST 2018

Here is my take on this "puzzle" track.  All designations are from the
perspective of the photographer.

   Designating the rails beyond the special trackwork from left to
right: L standard gauge rail (shiny), L narrow gauge *and* L wide gauge
rail, R narrow gauge rail, R standard gauge rail (shiny), R wide gauge rail.

   Designating the rails short of the special trackwork left to right:
L wide gauge rail, L standard gauge (shiny) *and* L narrow gauge rail, R
narrow gauge *and* R wide gauge rail, R standard gauge rail (shiny).

The purpose of this special trackwork is speculative on my part, but it
may have been to get the "wide gauge" track to the left of the "standard
gauge" track to accommodate a turnout in the former behind the
photographer.  It also reduced the number of rails from five to four.

Gordon Hamilton

On 11/5/2018 2:27 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:
> Seems to involve a couple of gantlet tracks . . .
> Come on, modelers, DO IT!
> EdKing

---