Abingdon Update

Thu Nov 1 14:23:22 EDT 2018

On 11/1/2018 11:50 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:
> On 10/31/2018 3:20 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:
>
>> It looks like a New Century switch stand with a circuit controller...
>> but I don't think NS would use one of those in circuited territory.
>
> Abe,
>     They were SOP, nothing unusual or needing to get excited about. If
> you needed to clear the main, the spur had to be circuit protected.

Let me clarify what I so hurriedly wrote. If a train needed to clear the
main line, it would have to do so in a spur with a electric (timed) lock
switch stand. The switch stand shown is not that type, yet, it is
connected to a box that would show that it is open. Such are common on
hand thrown derails and any other switch. In this case the switch
appears to be on a siding.

Jimmy Lisle