Transfer Cab ???

Tue Oct 23 10:21:06 EDT 2018

Jimmy

That was considered a poling car on the roster, I only ever remember seeing the NW 6, but apparently at some point there were more of them too.

It seems likely it was a purpose built car:

http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=3234

I’ve seen at least one photo some time back of the car with no hood on it, I assume when they were scrapping or cutting up some of the FMs for slugs, someone said they needed a shelter for the NW6 and they applied one.

If you search for “poling car” on the website, you come up with 10 drawings of the N&W one and two for VGN.

Best
Ken Miller