WHO WERE THEY ? -- #46 -- Frank T. Slayton, VGN

Tue Sep 18 20:52:26 EDT 2018

Dear Abramo,

Thank you again for doing this research and posting these mini-bios.  I
specifically want to mention Frank Slayton.  A few years ago one of the
Virginian Crazies purchased a set of squareheads from his grandson(?).
Along with the squareheads the seller sent a booklet that his grandfather
had written about the early days of the Virginian.  I'm on the road without
the booklet, but there was a penciled in family tree, and at least two
generations of the son's ancestors had worked for the Virginian, and were
significant parts of the railroad's history.  I checked with some of our
senior members and found that they knew about the Slayton family, and at
one time the booklet was one of the very few pieces of material Virginian
enthusiasts had.

This might lead to further discussion at Twin Falls.  So, again, thanks
Abram.

Frank Bongiovanni