Traveling by rail on the AM&O in the 1870s

Thu Sep 13 16:46:06 EDT 2018

When Civil War photographer Matthew Brady and his team went to Gettysburg
in July 1863 to photograph scenes after the battle, I believe he used a
rental wagon and horse for his purposes. See William A. Frassanito, "Civil
War Photography at Gettysburg" for a discussion of photography logistics in
that period.

J. Kelling

--
JK