A Passenger Equipment Question

Mon Jul 16 17:50:59 EDT 2018

Thanks for explaining that. I wasn't familiar with those abbreviations. Since all my passenger equipment is 1:87 scale it never popped up before.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

Mr. HuberDeerCreek -

"COT&S" is "Cleaned Oiled Tested and Stencilled."

"IDT"  is "In Date Test."

"UC" was the standard triple valve on passenger equipment beginning in the 1890s.  I saw some of it still in service in the 1990s, and one of the air brake shops in Pittsburgh was still working on UC equipment as of the time I retired 8 years ago.  If they didn't weigh about 500 pounds a piece, I would have one in my basement.  The UC valves allow for a graduated release, which freight triple valves do not.

Not stuff you need to worry about unless the railroad cars you push around are 1-to-1 scale.

-- abram burnett.

                  Sent to You from my Telegraph Key
Successor to the MAGNETIC TELEGRAPH LINE of 1844