The ARROW

Wed Jun 6 00:19:23 EDT 2018

Thank you Ken for really getting to the nuts and bolts of the ARROW.
My story The News is Never Easy was the very first rail fan story I had written.
I had sat on it for quite a few years before submitting it.
I had submitted quite a few stories to a national mag, and they told me it's not what we are looking for, but if you have anything else send it in.
I had sent them 20 years of rail fanning. I didn't have anything else.
It was that meeting with the N&W 228 that got me more interested in the history and not just taking 3/4 views of locomotives.
I enjoy reading anything about the N&W, and have been studying the Peavine heavily since last year.
I do have some stories in the works, and another project I want to do like the signals I documented in 2002-2004.
I haven't had much adventure down in the Virginia's, but have friends that go down to 4 wheel the area, and always try to give a little history of where they are.
I will get somethings together to send in for a look, and send a story I wrote after our trip to Green Cove in '98. I had sent it in, but like you said, things get lost, and there was a change in leadership back then.
Looking forward to reading this issue.
Thanks again to all for a great group, and a great magazine.

Jeff Wood