Final Convention Update

Mon May 14 07:09:08 EDT 2018

All,
  Setup and final coordination has begun at the North Carolina Transportation Museum.  A few reminders and new details need to be shared.

   - Convention sign-in will only occur in the lobby at the Courtyard Marriott hotel.  Here you will pick up your badge and welcome packet.

   - Those that want to register and pay for the convention on site can do so at the NWHS Commissary tables in the backshop of the museum.  This is for folks that did not register on-line or via the convention brochure sent out in March.
   - On Saturday May 19 the Cheerwine Festival will be occurring in downtown Salisbury.  Hence, Main St. and surrounding streets will be blocked.  It would be best to use I-85 or Long St. to traverse to and from the museum.
   - It is going to rain each day of our convention unfortunately. Bring proper attire and umbrellas.

   - Evening Photo Shoot:  Those that signed up for this event will have a yellow wrist band in your welcome packet.  This and your convention badge will be required to be visible for museum entry.  We will not cancel this event unless the we encounter a heavy downpour.
   - The daily schedule and announcements will be posted in the lobby of the Holiday Inn express and the Courtyard Marriott. Any changes from the original schedule will be noted.

   - A shuttle will operate from the parking lot to the roundhouse/backshop daily from 9:00AM to 5:00 PM Thursday and Friday.  On Saturday, the shuttle will operate from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
   - The banquet has been relocated to the backshop. We will have two cash bars (beer and wine). Cocktails begin at 5:00 PM and the banquet will begin at 6:00 PM.

  That is all I have for now.  I look forward to seeing all of you in a few days.
Regards,
Todd ArnettDirector, NWHS2018 Convention Chairman