Switches, points & turnouts

Sun Apr 8 17:04:44 EDT 2018

I grew up calling the whole unit of points, frogs, guard rails and
switch stands a switch until I went out on an inspection with a FRA man.
Those are TURNOUTS, he whispered! Same thing happened when I told a
botany instructor that we were setting plsnts in really good dirt. In no
uncertain terms I was told that dirt is under your fingernails and
plants grow in soil.

     WJPowers

---