No more steam on NS?

Tue Jan 23 23:52:09 EST 2018

Actually, the first release of authentic news about 611 should be in the form of a press release by Norfolk Southern or by Virginia Museum of Transportation, or a joint release.
So, stop listening to the rumors and look to the source. Just my .02 worth.
Jeff Sanders
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 9:06 PM, NW Mailing List<nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> wrote:   So I was reading my emails from various sources that I receive each day and one caught my eye... the writer claimed that last month NS said they would no longer allow 611 to operate on its rails, only travel too off NS sites was going to be allowed and that without an excursion train involved.

I checked Google and the only thing I can find is a report that someone on the NKP list had received an email back in 2016 saying NS had dumped 611 and would not allow it to operate on its rails any more.  The ONLY report of this happening is this bogus post that prompted someone to ask if anyone could confirm it.

Is there any truth to this?  If so I would have expected that this email list would be the first to publish it and comments out the yazzo over such a move... while I expect that some sort of partnership with Amtrak would be needed since NS has withdrawn its support of the operation and sold its excursion cars is there anything to be concerned about?  How 'bout possible excursions this year... anyone know anything???

Inquiring minds want to know... the smart ones ask here first!!!
--

jerry
<jmlaboda at passcarphotos.info>

"N"quiring minds want to know!!!

HAVING AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE...

PROUD FATHER OF A WINNING COSPLAY DAUGHTER!!!

Passenger Car Photo Index -- UPDATED 8/9/17 WITH OVER 8,402 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://passcarphotos.info>

NEW!!!  Interurban Car Photo Index
http://interurbancarphotos.info

NEW!!!  PCC Car Photo Index
http://pcccarphotos.info

N-scale Varnish Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://n-scalevarnish.info/index/varnish/UsersGuide/>

"Death leaves a heart ache no one can heal...  Love leaves a memory no one can steal."  Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard, NCIS, 10/3/2017