2018 Convention Update

Tue Jan 9 19:40:03 EST 2018

To all,

  The tours for the 2018 convention have been coordinated and secured by VP
Dean Taylor! The railroad themed tour will be on Friday May, 18th and
include a visit to the Yadkin Valley Railroad in Rural Hall, NC.  We will be
greeted by YVR employees (some of which are former N&W employees) and they
will share the history and the operations of the Yadkin Valley Railroad.
>From there we will travel to the former Southern Rwy Depot in Rural Hall, NC
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_Hall_Depot) for a visit. From Rural
Hall we will retreat south towards Winston Salem, NC and visit the Winston
Salem Southbound Model Railroaders (http://www.sbmrr.org/) and their
magnificent model railroad.

  Drinks (Coca-Cola products) will be available on the bus and we will order
pizza for lunch that hopefully we can enjoy trackside while at the SR Rwy
museum.   Yours truly will be a part of the tour and we will stick to a
strict schedule as I know everyone will be eager to return for rest, dinner
and the evening photo session. This tour is limited to 55 people and will
cost $35.00 per person.  Transportation, lunch and drinks are included in
the cost. This tour will depart the Courtyard Marriott at 8:00 AM sharp and
will return at 3:00 PM.

  The second tour is for those not interested in the aforementioned railroad
related tour.  This tour is also on Friday May 18th and is a trip to the
North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro, NC.  This tour will depart the Courtyard
Marriott at 8:00 AM and will return at 3:00 PM. Drinks (Coca-Cola products)
will be available on the bus and each individual will have the opportunity
to purchase their own lunch at the zoo. The tour is limited to 31 people and
includes drinks on the bus, transportation, and admission to the zoo.  This
tour also costs $35.00 per person. This tour will also be on a strict time
schedule in the same manner as the railroad themed tour.

  The tours and other events will be further detailed in the convention
flyer/registration that should reach your mailboxes by the end of February.
Until then, we will continue to work on the minute details and I will make
announce any new developments.   Thank you for your interest.

Regards,

Todd Arnett

Director, NWHS

2018 Convention Chairman