Fwd: Re: Narrows Branch Question - Terminal Facilities at Narrows

Wed Jan 3 15:52:22 EST 2018

Upon rereading my message below from yesterday I see that I had the
directions wrong about sequence of the loco and car facilities.  That
paragraph should read, "Another 1147 ft. east of the end of two tracks
was the point of switch of a track leading to the loco and car
facilities.  A second switch created two tracks into the facilities,
which were from _west to east_, Storehouse, Tank, Shops, 30-ft
Turntable, Car Shed.  The distance between points of switch of the
facilities track on the main track was 875 ft."

Additionally, the turntable was represented on the drawing by a circle
with "30" in it, and I described it as "30-ft. Turntable." Obviously, a
30-ft. turntable would be too short for almost any locomotive, so I
assume that it was Engineering's practice to define circles by their
radii, making this a 60-ft. turntable.

I apologize for these errors and any confusion they may have caused.  I
plan to fire my proofreader.

Gordon Hamilton