Weed spray and de-vegetation options

Mon Jan 1 15:36:32 EST 2018

     Keep in mind that the powers that be at NS aren't going to pay for
a single thing they don't have to. The only way to get vegetation cut
down is to pull in front of a signal so a crew can't see the indication.
That makes it an FRA violation and they will come out and cut enough
away so the signal can be seen.
     I can't tell you how many times the crews complained about
vegetation. The RR would ask for a detailed list of mileposts of where
the problems were,. We made the lists (several in my case), turned them
in, but, nothing ever happened. Nobody cut  leaf, nobody would clean the
"six-foot" where men had to walk. And, I'm not blaming to MofW people.
They had their hands tied.
     I can't remember what book it is in right now, but, there is a
photo taken from the C&O RoW looking up at an N&W train going over
Natural Bridge. The C&O RoW was clean of vegetation. Go up there and
look at it now!

Jimmy Lisle