Roanoke VGN passenger station status?

Tue Aug 29 09:05:47 EDT 2017

I am forwarding over a question asked elsewhere.

-Lynn-

I'm taking a trip in October, and I'm going to stop in Roanoke to see
the O Winston Link and the VMT. From RYPN, I'm aware of the restored
Virginian Passenger Station, and I thought I take a look at that too.
However, I can't find info on the web about what might be there, and
when it might be open.

Google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Virginian+Station/@37.2596748,-79.9431338,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x884d0d9890aa2d05:0x17f13b8d41577a0c!8m2!3d37.2596706!4d-79.9409451
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Virginian+Station/@37.2596748,-79.9431338,17z/data=%214m5%213m4%211s0x884d0d9890aa2d05:0x17f13b8d41577a0c%218m2%213d37.2596706%214d-79.9409451>
has an entry, but the business is waiting to be claimed, and info like
hours, contact and web page filled in. There are two local reviews, one
of which praises the museum, which implies that there is one.

The Roanoke Chapter NRHS http://www.roanokenrhs.org/VGNStation.html page
talks a little about the restoration, but there's no further info.

There's a Wikipedia article, and an unofficial Facebook page.

Can anyone please let me know whether there's more to see than the just
the building, and the days & hours, if it's open?

Thanks, Mark