Old line of the Peavine

Tue Aug 15 11:06:32 EDT 2017

My research on the Peavine for an upcoming series for The Arrow indicates
that of 1955 the old line through Beaver Pond was in service as a second
main track but by 1958 it would no longer be in use.  In my planned August
1955 "hypothetical" survey of operations on the district I have the Peavine
Local out of Portsmouth in the clear at the quarry at Plum Run (on the old
line) at noon time.  It is in the process of picking up stone (including
ballast) after setting off empties.  The 1955 emp tt shows a telephone at a
road crossing at Plum Run.

Thus for me, the abandonment date of the old line is of great importance.
Any additional comments?

Glenn Fisher

Cornwall PA