boxcar class identification request

Mon Aug 7 11:34:18 EDT 2017

I think the front boxcar is a Class BSb; I base this primarily on the three
piece dreadnaught end; the first group (250) of Class BS boxcars were built
with three piece dreadnaught ends while the remainder were built with two
piece dreadnaught ends.  All three cars in the photo have the three piece
ends. As originally built the Class BS boxcars were "door and a half" cars;
some were modified to remove and half door and replace it with a panel and
classed BSb.

Jim Brewer