one minor missed opportunity from the Convention in Strasburg

Mon Aug 7 06:56:13 EDT 2017

First of all, I want to express my most sincere thanks and appreciation to
everyone involved with putting together our Strasburg meeting this year.
It was fantastic and my whole family enjoyed our time there.  Seeing the
475 in person was a dream come true for me.

Since I had never been to the railroad before, or even this part of
Pennsylvania for that matter, we had no idea what to expect or what
equipment (other than the locomotives) was on-site.   Turns out there was
an item of rolling stock that was used in our mixed train event that we
could have possibly had some additional fun with, had we known it was there.

The item is the PRR H21a hopper car (photo attached).  Since N&W leased
1,500 of these cars, it would have been fun to have temporarily relettered
this car with N&W as one of the leased cars (perhaps just using magnetic
sheets to cover the current markings, etc.)

Silly idea perhaps, but I still think it would be neat to see.   Maybe next
time, if I am still alive and kicking when/if the 475 gets returned to
service...

Again, it was great to get to visit with everyone.  Some old friends, some
who I've only known through email exchanges and from reading posts in this
forum, and some new names and faces.  I know I didn't get to visit with
everyone I had hoped to during our brief time there, but I am glad to be a
part of such a great group of people.

Yours sincerely,

Brent Greer