Artist

Tue Jul 11 09:25:42 EDT 2017

Sorry, Gordon, not Rockwell.

According to the N&W Magazine, October 1958, page 570, the photo is depicted with the caption:

John C. Wenrich of Rochester, N. Y., architectural illustrator, obtained permission from the N. & W. during his vacation to pursue his hobby-sketching scenes of steam railroading.

In the column of Shaffers Crossing information, from correspondent T. C. Poole, Jr.:

John C. Wenrich, architectural illustrator of Rochester, N. Y., has been with us for the past week sketching the various types of locomotives and our facilities for
maintaining them. His work has won the admiration of all and we have enjoyed having him with us and sharing our love for the "Iron Horse".

As to the whereabouts of the painting(s), not a clue.

Ken Miller