Moved

Mon Jul 3 15:15:46 EDT 2017

Harry,  I think you'd be referring to Stella Anderson,

That's it, R.D.  At the time hearings for abandonment of the
Abingdon Branch, the Law Department needed a dummy to
expedite some material to West Jefferson.  I arrived there
Thursday evening, laid over at a motel, then attended the
hearing on Friday.  By my recollection the Ashe County Court
House had yellow plaid carpet.  The hearings were being
conducted by Judge Allard from Washington and Mrs. Anderson
was there to protest.  After all, N&W was running excursions
in the fall that brought tourists to West Jefferson.  About 10:30
or so on Friday morning, Judge Allard began wondering where
he was going to spend the week end - Washington or West
Jefferson, so without ever glancing from his papers, he decided
to conclude hearings for that Friday.  Still fixed on paperwork,
he asked,  "Is that OK with you Mrs. Anderson ?"  No response.
Again, "Is it OK with you, Mrs. Anderson, if we reconvene on
Monday ?"  No response.  Finally he looked up and there was
Mrs. Anderson dead to the world asleep.       Harry Bundy