road crossing accidents during age of steam

Mon Jun 19 19:02:12 EDT 2017

When I was growing up in Rural Retreat,Va, we live on Buck Ave which is on a hill overlooking the train tracks. I was out back and heard the steam train coming from the east. It hit a car carrying some ladies from the sewing factory in town. I don't remember the year. Late 50's or early 60's. I know there were fatalities but don't remember other details. Maybe someone has a record of it.

David Hall
San Antonio TX
Formerly Rural Retreat

Sent from my iPhone