Eng 600

Sun Jun 18 09:47:35 EDT 2017

John

Both plates are in the hands of collectors.

When the 600 came into Roanoke on the way to being scrapped In
Portsmouth the plate on the engineers side was missing.  Assume it was
removed in Norfolk.  When it left Roanoke the plate was still on the
left side of the locomotive.

The one on the fireman side was at one time in the hands of Tom
Dressler.  I may be wrong but I seem to recall the one off the fireman
side was at one time in the hands of a friend and collector in North
Carolina.

Ron has had his plate for a number of years and I would assume it is the
one removed at Norfolk or East of Roanoke.

Jim Blackstock