Wonder how many would ride in a consist behind an SD-9 ? Ron H

Sat Jun 3 11:44:26 EDT 2017

Nor can you smell the smoke and cinders, so no need to take goggles. Might
as well be riding behind diesels. I sure do miss the old days of steam
excursions with the open window coaches so you could hear and  smell the
locomotive working and vestibules to lean out of for curve  shots. Just my .02
worth.

Greg Harrod

> do we have some  open-window coaches so we can hear that 567 whine….?

To me, therein  lies one of the negatives with riding behind the 611
today. You can't hear  it the way you should.

Jimmy  Lisle

To  change your subscription go  to
Browse the  NW-Mailing-List archives  at