future 611 trips ??

Tue May 30 16:23:35 EDT 2017

 "Amtrak primarily will run routes during the week, freeing up possible time and equipment, and cars to rent for weekend excursions."

Does anyone know where this little gem came from?  I don't know about some of the regional service, but the national routes don't take the weekends off.

I don't really read anything into this regarding NS, at least from the article alone, but there have been complaints on this list, and I imagine else where, too, about 611 running the same Roanoke based trips over and over.  I can easily see ridership dropping, as the mileage collectors and railfans willing to travel to ride 611 have been there, done that.  It doesn't matter if they go with NS, Amtrak, or NRHS chapters, but they need to get 611 on the road to reach more fans.  They need a mindset like 765 or 4449, not 1225.

Marty Flick